This past weekend we had the company of a profoundly powerful new moon.
The themes I have seen repeatedly emerging are releasing shame and embodiment.
The first, healing shame is an intensive experience. It requires revealing, exposure, sharing, and intimacy. We carry ideas, stories, and beliefs that create a heaviness in our spirit. Shame creates isolation and then it demands more isolation. Here is my call to your tender spirit who is tempted to believe that you’re actually a piece of shit — you are not. You are a precious complex and beautiful being.
Which leads entirely into embodiment — embodying your precious, complex, and beautiful human being. Claim that. Claim that in the face of it being incredibly challenging and counter-culture. Claim it in-spite of your family’s expectations. Claim it by breathing deep in the face of fear. Claim the truth that grows love out of wounds. Claim your wholeness. Claim it right now. If you are willing say this: “I choose to believe in my wholeness and do what it takes to release the shame I have been carrying.”
Here is a medicine song to support and soothe you in your healing!!!
Your healing. My healing. Our healing. The healing.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
– Hold yourself in a huge wide compassionate embrace! soul hug!
– Breathe deep and use your mind to follow it
– Taking care of your body
– Pillow thwacking *come up off your feet if your kneeling like I did at the end – move from there*
– no need to force anything, instead make space to let whatever it is move through, no agendas
– give yourself a few rounds, rise and fall, and make space to rise again and end with your hand on your heart and belly and take 10 breaths
– invite in your spiritual support team
SO Much love!
You are beautiful! You deserve to feel safe a free and loud!
Lions and Dragons: The Transformative Power and Pleasure of Rage
Save the date: Sat, Nov 2, 9am-9pm and Sun, Nov 3, 10am-4pm
Thank You Iyanla Vanzant! and Brittany Policastro – beautiful yoga teacher who drops this wisdom in the middle of her yoga class – encouraging all of us to let go and find out health that is hidden by secrets!! Love you Brit!!!
Concept passed on to me by Iyanla Vanzant – check out her prolific and powerful work! http://iyanlavanzant.com